18 October 2011

Unfortunate Event

Today I read a news about a toddler girl in China who apparently was run over twice, once by a van and the second time by a truck.  I was hesitant to watch the video at first because I am also a mom of a two year old girl but curiosity got into me.  While watching the video, my hands were trembling and my heart was beating so fast I couldn't breathe so I'm warning those who have weak heart not to watch it.
Anyway, here's what happened.  The little girl was walking down a narrow street alone against the traffic when she was hit by the van.  Being a driver myself, I can assume that the driver of the van is only driving at around 15-20 mph and I can certainly say that he had time to hit his break.  So I wonder why he did not stop, instead he chose to have his van roll over the girl's fragile body.  What is most disturbing is the fact that passersby did not even have the conscience to help her.  They just looked at her as if she was just some dead animal lying on the street.  Then another truck passed the street, rolled over her body like she was a piece of garbage who can't feel any pain.  Luckily there was a good samaritan who took courage to move her limp body to the curb, cried for help, and tried to look for the girl's parents.  That was the only time the mother found out what had happened to her daughter and rushed her to the hospital.  Both drivers were arrested and detained but I cannot accept one of the drivers' reason as to why he left the girl almost lifeless on the street.  He said he'll only pay 1500 dollars if the girl dies as opposed to at least 15000 dollars if she lives.  How can a person say that?  Does he not have any child?  Who does he think he is to take away a precious child's life?  As for the mother, how irresponsible could she be not to know her child's whereabouts?  I strongly feel that the parents should also be held responsible for what happened to this little angel.

Here's the link to the video:
http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/26983425

The doctors said the girl might not make it but I do believe in the power of prayers.  So I am asking everyone who reads this to please pray for this little girl.

2 comments:

  1. i have not watched the full details but i saw some parts of the video and may passerby nga na naglalakad lang and hindi pinansin yung bata. hope she could make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. naku sis sabi ng mga tao di daw nila nakita yung bata kasi madilim.

    ReplyDelete